Sunday, April 26, 2009

dancin in September

Guess what. I finally started dancing this week. After a 3 week delay from something I've done to my body, I am back on track and Optimistic about it. It felt great to encounter that happy exciting feeling I get when I learn choreography that fits my mood perfectly. The classes here are not much different than ones back in L.A.--except everything is done in Japanese ha. I'm just so grateful that I was able to get this feeling again before heading back home. All that's left is to stick a big fat middle finger right back at Them. Thank you for making me stronger.

This past week, I went to my first pro baseball game with Jun (meanass Frenchenese)--Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters vs. Fukuoaka Softbank Seahawks at the Tokyo Dome. Boohoo that Darvish didn't end up pitching, but yayhoo to a really great Japanese experience. I don't think Lakers fans have full out cheering songs? Yea, both teams were full out and fully prepared vocally/physically for the game. Our seats were really good considering we had cheapass tickets, and oh my, the selection of ball game food and beer was insane. Mos def down for another (only) Ham fighters game :)

Last night was another huge international party hosted by 3 guys at the Willing Setagaya dorm--one of them being Nick Adams-Cohen (hollaback San Marino!) This time it was themed Banana and Beer party lol. But before that, me Jess Marj...and I guess special guest Ambrose, played the marker game. Ugh they made it sound so easy before actually playing, but I was so not crackin the whip. We had to travel from Yoyogi-->Shibuya-->Sangenjaya at 8 p.m. on a Saturday night lookin like dis...


On top of that, Golden Week is starting later this week, yowza which means I need to babysit Ryan. AND THEN David (+ Spencer) are coming in June and flippin Okinawa-in' it, ow ow!

No comments:

Post a Comment