Friday, March 20, 2009

56281 out of 56299

Ok before I forget, remember how I compared Tokyo's recent weather to that children's book, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs?? WELL, THEY'RE MAKING IT INTO A MOVIE AND ITS COMING OUT FALL 2009!! YES, I'LL BE HOME!

And now the Real Ish...
The day is finally here. Tokyo Marathon 2009 is tomorrow--starting at 9:10 A.M. until 4:10 P.M. The course is crazy long, circling and winding through countless popular Tokyo spots. Something interesting...the Tokyo Marathon committee can only allow 30,000 runners and when internet applicants went over that number during the sign up period, all entrants were selected lottery style. So out of 30,000 I am listed as number 56281 out of 56299 under the non-athlete females. Yes, I am the last foreign person listed lol.

The Tokyo Marathon Expo completely hyped up the event, which has made us a lot more excited for it. There are a total of 5 UC EAP students running: 4 representing UC Irvine, and 1 from UC Santa Cruz. On top of that, they gave us hella. HELLA. free stuff during registration and at the expo...reminded me a lot of the States. Anyway, thanks to everyone who have been constantly reminding and asking me about my marathon training -____- you know who you are. Aaannnddd if you're in Tokyo, come out and watch us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment